The Riddle of the Grain

Before we dive into the heavy trials, the broken marriages, the SWAT team raid, and the moments where a blade was pressed directly against my throat, I want you to think long and hard about a riddle.

Consider an ingredient that possesses a strange, protective versatility:

  • I can be soft, or I can completely harden to stand a test.
  • I can be crushed, refined, and formed for multiple uses.
  • I can remain bland, or I can add a vibrant zest to everything around me. 
  • I can absorb and retain, spreading flavor into others' lives.
  • I can be planted in the harshest conditions, yet stand incredibly strong.
  • I require intense refinement, but through grace, I reveal a profound usefulness.

What is the ingredient?

My life will be demonstrated to you through the identify of the _____. By its very definition, an ____ must be peeled away from its source, sprout from a seed, develop in cool climates, harvested, it must undergo a brutal de-hulling and crushing process before it can ever become _____ or fine ____ flour to feed the hungry. 

For many years, I was a wild ____ wandering through dangerous territory, surving under catastrophic internal and external pressure. I was used, abused, and attacked because of the nuts that entered my life. But after countless trials, structural errors, and a total surrender to the Master Chef, I was transformed into a new creation. 

I am here to guide you. To listen to you. And to educate you through the living recipe of God's Word. Grab your scale, pull up a stool at the bench, and let's look at the raw material of where it all began. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Master Recipe

The Legacy of the Bench